Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The good old times...

Jason and I came back from our trip Monday night. I think the tiredness of the trip is catching up with me now because I can't seem to stay awake for class or anything else. We had such a great time though...the tiredness is well worth it. My friend Claudia finally got married. It's such an awesome thing to see a friend get married to someone who's not only a Christian, but a STRONG Christian. Although I don't even really know her new husband, I get a good feeling about him. You can definitely see Christ's presence in his life, and I'm thrilled they get to spend the rest of their lives together.

Visiting friends was really the highlight of the trip. We stayed up until the wee hours of the night catching up with life and reminiscing about the good old days growing up back in Costa Rica. It's crazy to see friends you grew up with married with kids. And, it's real encouraging to hear and see the awesome things God has been doing in the lives of some.

As always, food in LA was so yummy and CHEAP! Although we stayed with friends, we ate out every meal. I'm glad I was there for only 6 days. I think I'd be obese if I lived there!

It's good to be home though. I missed my dog Mocha and I missed being home. It was sad coming home and seeing the "For sale" sign on the lawn. *sigh*

No comments: