Monday, January 02, 2006

Lousy blogger

I'm a lousy blogger. How could I have gone so many days without adding anything new to my blog? Now, I have no idea where to begin. So many things have happened. Christmas and New Year have come. Christmas was just okay. It didn't feel like Christmas this year, especially after moving far away from everything familiar. Last year's Christmas makes every other Christmas hard to beat. Both my parents and Jason's parents were in town and we celebrated together. It was wonderful. This year's Christmas, my brother came over with his girlfriend and they brought Mexican food. I was too sick to cook this year. Then, Jason and I spent the rest of the day just relaxing. It was good, I guess....if it wasn't for the pregnancy sickness.

Then, came New Year's eve. We had talked about throwing a party at our place...a sleepover with our friends from Arlington. But, that was all before I started getting all my pregnancy discomforts. So, Jason and I, again, did nothing. I wanted to stay up, but by 10pm I was already in bed, trying hard to focus on something other than my poor nauseous stomach. Jason did wake me up 5 minutes before 12am. We counted down to the New Year and I went back to bed. :)

Something exciting that happened the past week was that Jason and I got to see our baby! I was having weird abdominal pains and the doctor asked me to go in for a check up. Thank God, everything looks normal. We got to see the baby and the heartbeat....What an amazing thing to see. I felt like I was witnessing one of the greatest miracles. There are no words to explain the awe you feel when you see something like it. God is so great! Jason and I were pretty much speechless, each with a lump on our throats and tears welling up in our eyes...

1 comment:

Al, Rachel and Hava said...

hey girlie! i am so happy to hear about baby tsai! i am sorry we haven't been in better touch - the parents are leaving tomorrow, so we should be calmed down in a few days. love you guys and think of you always!