Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Sleepless in Allen

Boy! I now understand why sleep deprivation is used as torture. Apparently, Tyler has his night and day mixed up. He sleeps great during the day, but fusses when we're trying to sleep. It's been hard. Our schedules are all messed up and half of the time, I feel like a zombie. I have a suspicion it'll take a while for us to feel "normal" and rested again. Other than that, everything's good. My mom went back to Costa Rica and Jason's mom went on a vacation to Vancouver. So, we're alone for the first time since Tyler was born. Having the mom's gone just makes me realize how fortunate we were to have them here. I didn't have to worry about food or anything. It's hard having to take care of Tyler, think about making lunch or dinner, and keep the house tidy. Being a mom is definitely a full-time job.

Tyler is growing so fast. He must have hit a growth spurt because he's taking 4 oz of milk already. Craziness...He is now a chubby little fellow. Everytime I post pictures of him online, I realize he no longer looks like the pictures. *sigh* My baby's growing too fast! This Saturday, he will be one month. One month already... how fast time goes by.

2 comments:

Mercy's Maid said...

Hehe...he looks like he's up to no good in the bottom picture.

"I'm *so* gonna sleep all day so I can keep mommy up tonight. Muahahahaha!"

Miss you!

jasonandjennyt said...

I know!!! And he DID!