Friday, December 22, 2006

Overambitious

For this year's Christmas, I wanted to make cool stuff to give away to our neighbors and friends. I usually like to make something for people instead of going out to buy stuff. I love get homemade things, knowing that you've been on that person's mind and that they actually took time out (from this hectic season) to make something. Anyway, I guess I was a little overambitious. I was planning things as though I still didn't have a baby to take care of. I jarred homemade peppermint cocoa mix with marsmellows and baked homemade chocolate-almond biscotti and cranberry-pecan biscotti. Everything looked and tasted great (Martha Stewart would have been proud), and thank God, I was able to finish making everything. Oh, but what a big ordeal this whole thing was! Maybe next year, I'll stick to buying something instead?? :) Thank God I have a very loving, patient and supportive husband who helps me around the house and with Tyler!

Well, Christmas is just in a couple more days! This Christmas eve, we'll be heading out to celebrate Christmas with my sister-in-law's family. Then, on Christmas day, we're having Jason's brother's family and my brother and his wife over for dinner. I'll be busy again cooking. But, I really enjoy cooking. Well, I enjoy seeing the expression on people's faces when they their first bite out of something good I've made.

I love Christmas. It's my favorite time of the year, but this will be Tyler's first Christmas ever. How exciting!

2 comments:

Mercy's Maid said...

I loved the Christmas card picture. You have such a cute family!

Al, Rachel and Hava said...

You crack me up...I can't believe you tried to do so much, but you actually got it all done!!! :o) Hope to talk with ya soon.