Last night after dinner, Jason and I were playing with Tyler before his bathtime. I thought this would be a good time to explain to him that mommy's gonna be having a baby, even if he doesn't understand just yet. Anyway, I pointed to my belly and I said, "Baby". I did this a few times and at first, he seemed a little confused, but then, he started touching my belly with curiosity and pointing to it. A few minutes later, he did the cutest thing! He leaned over and kissed my belly!! :) It was one of those "kodak moments" but we didn't capture it on video. We'll try to recreate the moment I suppose cause it was just too cute!
Not much has been happening lately. Same stuff...church, family life, working for Godtube. Since our church plant has lost some big financial supporters for this year, Jason and I decided that we would take a salary cut. That means, we got to do much more on the side....so we're both working part-time for Godtube. It's a great opportunity that God just placed on our laps, and it's such a flexible job. We can work anytime of the day for however many hours we want.
We are getting ready to go to Costa Rica next month....We'll be gone for about 3 weeks. Yeah, I know... long trip. My 40+ yr old aunt is getting married for the first time and we wanted to be there for it. Jason's helping officiate the wedding and I'm singing during the unity candle.
We're really looking forward to the trip, especially to the warmer weather. Seeing and spending time with the family is also a big plus. But, really, our biggest reason for going for 3 weeks is because during this time, Jason and I will do some major praying and searching about our direction in ministry. By the time we get back, we're hoping to make some major decisions. So, please pray for us....that God would give us clarity and that we would be sensitive to His leading and be obedient to His calling. It's been a tough 2 years in church planting... Jason and I are desperate for some spiritual recharge. We've also found out about some major issues in Jason's family that we'd like to help out with when we go back, which involves sharing the gospel with Jason's sister-in-law and other reconciliation issues. Please pray that we'll have wisdom, discernment and the right words and that the Holy Spirit will speak into the hearts of the people we'll be talking to.
What else? Oh! I get to go in next Monday to the doctor to find out whether we'll be having a boy or girl! YAY!! So exciting! :) I guess I'll let everyone know once I find out. Thank God, I think I'm over my morning sickness. Man, has it been a rough pregnancy!!!!!! Good thing 'cause I'm almost half way through! Can't believe it! It's funny though, how second time around, your stomach starts getting bigger sooner. So does your butt. So, I'm at an ackward stage now where I dont' look pregnant enough for people to know I'm pregnant; I just look fat. My maternity clothes are still too big but my normal clothes is getting too small. Eeek!! What a frustrating stage! I noticed also that there's no winter maternity clothes in ANY store! Whats' up with that?!
2 comments:
Hey! My butt's been getting bigger too. Maybe it's a pregnancy-sympathy-thing. :)
I can't wait to hear whether it's a boy or girl.
So glad to hear news from you...we've been missing you guys. I actually knew something was going on spiritually with you both - don't ask me how I knew. But we are always praying for you. So cute about Tyler! Definitely let us know as soon as you can whether you'll be reusing Tyler's stuff, or needing to buy PINK! :o) Let me know more about Godtube...sounds like you guys are really liking it.
Post a Comment