Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring break

Last week was the kids' spring break. Jason and I decided to take them on a road trip to Houston and Galveston. We had a great time! Of course, it was crowded, since it's everyone else's spring break too. Our hotel was completely booked, but thank God, He worked it out to where they automatically upgraded us to a huge suite! It was a very pleasant surprise, especially since it was completely free! We usually have a hard time getting the kids to sleep when we're at a hotel (they sleep in separate rooms at home). But since we had a suite this time, sleeping time was so much easier!

Jason's brother's family also went to Galveston and stayed at a rented beach house. We visited them and went fishing right downstairs from their house. Tyler was super excited about catching his first fish and Kylie got scared and screamed when one of fish (an eel) went flying while Jason was trying to unhook it. Actually, I think I might have screamed louder than Kylie. :) We went to the beach for a walk and got our feet (and clothes) wet. It was actually quite cold. But, the kids had such a blast; Kylie threw a fit when it was time to go. It was really a great spring break and nobody wanted to come home. This week, we're trying hard to get back into our routine. This is always the hard part after a trip. I'm already dreaming about a next vacation....who knows when that will be. But traveling with the kids now that they're a little bigger has been easier and much more enjoyable. They're just so much fun at this stage.

I still can't believe how fast the kids are growing. Kylie is turning 3 in May and Tyler will be 5 in August. I was thinking the other night before falling asleep that after Tyler turns 5, I will only have him at home for only 13 more years before he goes off to college....that hit me hard and made me a little sad. *sigh* There are definitely times when they drive me crazy, but there are also many sweet moments in between as well that make me feel sad when I see them growing so fast.

The other day Jason was feeling sick so he went down for a nap. Kylie went into our bedroom, woke him up and asked if she could pray for him. She knelt down by the bed, put her hands together, closed her eyes and prayed very sincerely for her daddy. This is what she said, "Dear Jesus, thank you for the food. Amen." LOL. I guess that's the only prayer she knows how to pray.

I'm sitting at the kitchen table with the kids now, typing while they're eating their strawberries. I just love these kiddos!

No comments: