Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Surprise!

Sunday was an amazing day. Jason and I went to the Chinese church in Dallas because he preaches there once every month. We got home and I took an afternoon nap while he watched his Green Bay Packers game. They lost. Again.

We had talked about going out on a date that night, but Jason rescheduled it because later on we were supposed to meet with Vince and his wife to talk about the church plant and we wouldn't have enough time for a good date. On our way to Vince's place, Jason said we needed to stop by Miguel's house to pick up our carpet cleaning machine from his house. Anyway, we pulled up to Miguel's street, and I see a ton of cars in front of his house, and then, about 35-40 friends from our church with birthday hats and balloons, yelling "SURPRISE!".

I was completely shocked. My birthday isn't until Wednesday, but they threw me a surprise party! They did so good at keeping the secret! With so many people involved, I'm surprised the secret didn't leak out somehow....sneaky, sneaky.....and the mastermind of it all, of course, Jason! Apparently, he along with Miguel and our church friends had been planning this for weeks. As you can imagine, there has been a lot of lying going around here for quite some time.

I had a great time. A surprise birthday party with a "My Little Pony" theme. hehe... This was my first birthday party EVER, and I enjoyed every bit of it. It was strange being the center of attention, but I've never felt as special and loved in my entire life! Silly, but I actually cried after I got home from the party.... I was overwhelmed by people's kindness and love for me. Gosh, I'm so blessed with special friends. Thank you Lord, for friends.

My friend Esther took lots of pictures of the happy event.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/esthercylee/album?.dir=3b9d&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/esthercylee/my_photos

No comments: