I love the holiday season. Thanksgiving is always such a wonderful occassion to invite friends over for a hearty meal and share about the difficult as well as the great things God has allowed into our lives throughout the course of the year. This was my third year making a big Thanksgiving meal. We invited international students from seminary and college who didn't have anywhere to go. We had such a great time, although by the end of the evening, I was completely exhausted since I had been cooking non-stop since the morning. It was all well worth it though.
We had an entire week off for Thanksgiving. You'd think I would have taken advantage of the week and packed up a little. But, I felt weird packing. I didn't want people to come over and see boxes all over the house. That'd be weird. We have half a week of class left then finals. Thank God! Then, I'll start packing. I'm somewhat particular about packing. Though many friends and even family have offered help with packing, I think I'll do the packing myself with Jason. That way we'll know where things are by the time we get into the new house. I already have a "system" for packing planned.
Our neighbors are putting up all their Christmas lights. I dont' think we'll do any of that this year. What's the point when you're trying to move? I feel sad about leaving though. *Sigh* Yesterday was sort of an emotional day at church. Jason preached one last time and I played the keyboard and sang one last time with the worship team. I'm thankful God has given us the priviledge to serve at this church for 3 1/2 years. We'll surely miss everyone. It's weird to think we dont' even have a month left around here....
2 comments:
I know how emotional it is to leave a church that you love. I'll be praying for you as you move into this new chapter of your life.
awwwwwwwwwwwwww - you make me sad! well, keep your head up - the best is yet to come - you are blessed and will be blessed.
Post a Comment