Having my parents visiting from Costa Rica is good, but tiring. Especially now that my brother and I live an hour away from each other. Having to make the drive kills us. Then, there's also the inevitable family tension that arises when we get together. It's a matter of us getting used to having each other around again. It's hard sometimes, but a blessing in disguise. I believe God allows moments of tension in our get-togethers that we may come to understand each other more and learn to communicate better. Most of the time however, I feel like I'm sandwiched between family members and their issues with each other. On top of that, I've got my own issues to deal with! It's great they feel they can trust me with their feelings, but when they complain to me about each other, I begin to feel the weight and burden on my shoulders. There are times when I just wanna yell, "STOP, STOP, STOP!!!" ...... But, somehow, God gives me sufficient grace to listen quietly because deep down, I know they just need to vent and feel understood. It's tough....Boy, no wonder they teach you in counseling school to never counsel anyone from your own family. There's just way too much emotions and personal biases attached.
Miguel and Jessica had their engagement party last Saturday. Everything went well. Jason gave a short message encouraging them to honor and revere God by loving Him more, keeping pure until their marriage and preparing themselves not only for the wedding, but most importantly, for marriage. Great message. I'm so proud of my sweetie. Plus, he was wearing a suit and looked so cute!!
I struggled that morning finding something nice to wear. Actually, I struggle with that every morning now. None of my nice pre-pregnancy clothes fit anymore. My belly is growing more and more each day and there's no way to hide it anymore. I have officially graduated to "mommy-jeans", which are actually very comfortable. I've learned recently: Elastic is my friend!
No comments:
Post a Comment