Monday, October 02, 2006

I suck

Okay, so this blog is starting to look like my personal journal. I'm getting worse at keeping up with entries as each day passes. Nothing big has happened since my last entry, yet at the same time, it feels like I've been really busy. Being a mom is serious business!

Let's see...I celebrated my birthday about two weeks ago. I'm 27 this year. Can't believe it. I still remember when I turned 20. Jason and went to the immigration office to submit my greencard application. Praise God, everything went so smoothly. Originally, we talked about having a lawyer do the whole processing for us, but decided to do it ourselves instead. The process wasn't too difficult, and we ended up saving $2,700! Looking back, I'm so glad we chose to do it ourselves. Texas is the only state doing the "pilot" program, which really speeds up processing. I should be getting my greencard in about 90 days. Then, I'll be free to travel anywhere my heart desires. Woohoo! I'm looking forward to going back to Costa Rica to show off Tyler to friends and relatives. My dad still hasn't met Tyler.

At night, we went over to pick up Tyler at Jason's brother's. We stayed for dinner to celebrate my bday and had cake. I got a big box of Godiva truffles and $100 from my mother-in-law to buy whatever I want. On Sunday, I celebrated my bday again with the people from Eastview church. Jason got me a big ice cream cake from Tom Thumb. It was one of best ice cream cakes I've had.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyler is two months old today. I thought I would give myself a treat the past Saturday to get myself a nice haircut. I haven't had a haircut in a long time and my hair was super long. I usually go to cheap haircut places...I just can't get myself to spend more than $20 on a haircut. Usually I can go to an Asian hair salon and get a shampoo, haircut and style for $15-$20. Not bad at all. But, this time I thought I'd try a more expensive place at the mall. I spent $43 and ended up not really liking my cut that much. Could've actually bought a new pair of jeans with that money....can't wait till my hair grows out again. Seems like whenever I make an attempt to try something new, it always ends up backfiring. Like when I try something other than my usual at favorite restaurants. Oh well...at least I won't be left wandering "what if?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How is church going, by the way?