Thursday, October 12, 2006

Yay for fall weather!

I thank God for the cooler weather. It's October and it's in the 60's. That's a little unusual for Texas, especially in the 4 1/2 years I've lived here. But, it's great. I love the cooler temperature, but with that also comes allergy season. I've been having sinus problems and headaches all week long.

Good news. I received a notification from the immigration office saying I need to go in next Wednesday for my fingerprints! That's amazingly fast. I submmitted my application for my greencard not even a month ago. After the fingerprints, I should be getting my greencard in a jiff. Praise God for such a fast and smooth process so far. Looks like we might really be able to make it to Costa Rica for Christmas after all....who knows though...tickets are getting expensive.

Tyler went in for his second month doctor's appointment yesterday. We changed pediatricians because the other one just wasn't very friendly. He never really answered our questions and we always came home with more questions than before. The nurses seemed clueless and weren't too friendly either. This new doctor is awesome though. She's so warm and thorough. We love her! I think Tyler likes her too cause he kept smiling at her....But, poor baby had 4 shots yesterday. He was irritable and in the verge of a fever all day long. Infant Tylenol works wonders though.

Jason's out today and tomorrow. He's going through a training for suicide prevention. After the training, he'll be certified to help at schools, hospitals and other places. He's also applying to be a volunteer chaplain at our local hospitals. In the midst of church planting and volunteer work, he's also trying to find a part-time job in order to make ends meet. Our church plant's biggest financial contributors (our county's Baptist association) will no longer support us starting next year. That's definitely going to make our finances more difficult (it's not like we were getting a big salary in the first place.) But, God is faithful and good. He has provided for us with such extravagance. We've never lacked in anything and we know He will continue to take care of us.

Church planting is still slow, but we've seen tremendous improvement. Four mature Christians have officially joined as Eastview Church members....our first members. And, people have actually started tithing. Our Sunday night group is going well. We have a total of 7 families including staff. We're planning on having a mini fall fest carnival in our front yard on Halloween. We'll have games, lots of candy, prizes and Halloween tracks. It should be fun. Hopefully, we'll be able to meet lots of people.

No comments: