Wow. What a week! The Sunday before Thanksgiving, our church had a traditional Thanksigiving dinner with turkey, ham and all the trimmings. I roasted the turkey and made some side dishes while others brought other goodies. We had so much great food and had a great time. Cooking for Thanksgiving was a bit more challenging this year though. Tyler needs attention and Jason started catching a cold.
For the actual Thanksgiving day, we were gonna have some seminarian friends over for a Chinese hot pot dinner and they were gonna stay overnight just to hang out and catch up on life. But, all our plans for the week had to be cancelled. Tyler caught Jason's cold and for 3 days, he struggled with high fever. It was terrible because the doctors were all out on their Thanksgiving break. But, we were thankful to keep close contact with our pediatrician even during the holidays. Tyler's fever was not coming down though, even with medication. We had to give him cool baths and press wet towels on his forehead. The poor guy was so cranky and tired. He wasn't having much milk at all either. Then, he started getting a runny nose, congestion and a bad cough that was keeping him awake at night. Needless to say, last week was very stressful and tiring for Jason and me since we didn't get much rest either. You just feel so helpless when your child sick. Praise God, Tyler's fever gone now, but he's still struggling with a bad cough that makes him throw up when he drinks his milk. Poor baby. I can tell he's lost weight. At least, it seems like he's feeling much better and recooperating.
Now, guess who's turn it is to be sick? Yup. I started feeling funny Saturday night. Sneezing nonstop Thought it was allergies, but when I started getting fever, I knew I had caught a cold too from taking care of Jason and Tyler. It's been kinda miserable around here with all of us sick, but I praise God because I know there's still so much to be thankful for.
1 comment:
I hope you're all better soon.
Post a Comment