Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Home again

After 3 weeks and a half in nice, sunny Costa Rica, we are back in Texas. We got in last Thursday, which was the craziest day ever. We left my parent's house in CR to go to the airport at 7:30am and had a wonderfully smooth flight. Tyler was an angel coming home. He slept well and we didn't even hear a peep from him. People were actually surprised at the end of the flight to see Tyler. They hadn't even noticed a kid on board. But, the minute we landed at 2:30pm, it started snowing!! It was HEAVY snow too, I mean, I've never seen such big snowflakes before. Because of that, all the flights were canceled and we had to wait an extra hour on the plane until one of the gates became available. Then, we waited at the airport until 6:30pm for Jason's brother to pick us up. The roads were very icy/slushy so it took him forever to get to us. By the time we got home, it was past 8pm and we were all dead tired, especially Tyler.

I was hoping that by the time we were back from CR, it'd be spring time. Instead, we were greeting by a snow storm. Oh well....thankfully, it's starting to feel bit like spring time today. It's taken us a few days to get back into the groove of things back home. Tyler's been missing grandpa and grandma definitely. But it's even worse for the grandparents. They've been calling almost every day asking about Tyler. Everytime I get back from CR, I get a bit emotional. Especially now since we have Tyler and I see how he interacts with the grandparents. Makes me wish we all lived closer. The good thing this time is that all the grandparents will be coming soon again for the birth of Mei-mei. So...Tyler will be happy again.

We had a great time in CR. It was stressful at the beginning though because Tyler was taking a little longer than we'd like to adjust to weather and the new environment. He wasn't sleeping well at night and was super clingy. But, once he started getting used to things, it was wonderful! Jason and I were able to get away for a night to go to the mountains to pray and seek direction from God about our future. Tyler stayed with both grandmas and didnt' even cry or look for us while we were gone. He's really an easy-going kid. Thanks to all of you who've been praying for us as we sought the Lord. He's always faithful and good, and we've finally made our decision about the future of our ministry. If you'd like to know more about this, please email me and I'll share more.

While we were in CR, God also gave us the privilege of seeing Jason's sister-in-law come to Christ. It was awesome! I witnessed Jason share the gospel in Spanish (he did so good- I'm so proud of him!) and then, we lead her in prayer. The only thing we're praying for now is that God would send a strong female Christian to follow up on her and disciple her. There's still a lot of family issues unresolved since we left. *sigh* It's sad.....we pray that God would really humble hearts and bring reconciliation.

We had the chance to go to the beach and to a volcano and hot springs with Tyler and the grandparents. It was alot of fun. Tyler loves playing with water. He's scared of the ocean and doesn't care much about sand yet, but he sure loves the pool! If you'd like to see pictures of our trip, email me and I'll send you an invite. There's just way too many pictures to post in here.

3 comments:

Al, Rachel and Hava said...

so, when can we get together to chat?

Mercy's Maid said...

I'm glad you made it back safely. I'd love to hear about what you've decided about the future. E-mail me sometime. I'm going to look at your pictures later. They blocked me from the website at work, so I have to look when I go home.

cavengel said...

yes, i'd love to hear more and see some pictures!!