Well, it's official. The date of my c-section has been set: the morning of June 2nd. Originally, my due date was on June 15, so when we announced to the grandparents that my c-section would be on June 2nd, Jason's mom freaked out. That's 2 weeks before the due date after all. I called my doctor today and apparently, they changed my due date to June 8th without telling me. So, that's one week early. I can handle that.
Scheduling a date to have your baby is a bit strange. I guess in a way it's good. You know exactly what's gonna happen and when. Good thing I'll have time to shave my legs at least before going to the hospital! :) But, it's also a little nerve wrecking. I bet I'll be up all night long on June 1st, thinking about the next morning. The whole process takes about 30-45 mins. Isn't medical technology amazing nowadays? Since I had an emergency c-section with Tyler, my doctor thought it would be best and safest to go with a c-section this time around too. If I were to have the baby naturally this time, it'd be as if I was having a child for the very first time since my birth canal and all that isn't stretched. Going under the knife sure sounds a lot better than who-knows-how-many-hours of intensive labor...especially if you've had a bad experience (...just ask Dani! heehee).
Anyway. We're excited. I can't believe it'll be less than 3 months. I should start doing a countdown! At the same time, I'm scared. I heard that going from one child to two is the hardest transition. I PRAY our baby will be a good sleeper. That would sure help a lot. I almost feel like I should go into hibernation and sleep until the baby's day. Too bad you can't store up sleep. Plus, there's no way with Tyler around!
He's become such an active boy. He's now 19 months and half...He's hilarious. He's not really talking yet, but he has started to say a few words, which is a great accomplishment for him. He says, "Mama" and "Papa". He also says "Shie-shieh" (thank you in Chinese). He tries to say "star" but says "tah" instead. He also is able to say "A" when he sees the letter A, and says "Nai" when he sees the number 9. And of course, he still keeps talking in Tylerine. The past few days he's been doing something extremely cute. He's started to play hide-n-seek. He'd been doing that with Jason, but the other day, we noticed he was trying to play hide-n-seek with Mocha. It was the cutest thing ever!! He would hide behind a wall, poke his head out to see whether Mocha was watching him and giggle like crazy as he hides back. Too bad we didn't record it. He does the cutest things, but the minute we bring out or camcorder, he stops.
2 comments:
we are so excited for you. hopefully we will still be here in tx for it. hava is doing the same thing with words and hide-and-seek....so fun! i love that all the kids are going through these stages together!!
cool. tyler'll be a good big bro!
yeah, i know what you mean about the scheduled c-section. i had a hard time sleeping the night before mine. i was just nervous because i didn't know what to expect. looking back, i still can't believe all that i went through. heard that the second time around is always easier...even for a c-section. have you guys come up with a name yet?
Post a Comment