Friday, April 25, 2008

Praise the Lord!

Well, I promised to keep y'all updated with the prayer requests....First of all, God gave me the awesome privilege of leading and witnessing my friend come to Christ!!!! Praise the Lord! We went out for dessert at La Madeline's and we had a great time chit-chatting. I was starting to get a bit nervous though because it was almost closing time for La Madeline and I still hadn't gotten my chance to share the gospel. I was beginning to think I wouldn't do it. I finally worked up my nerve to interrupt whatever conversation we were having to share the message of God's salvation. By that time, I was already so nervous that I kept stuttering and stumbling on my words. Honestly, it was an incredibly humbling experience....to do such a bad job sharing the gospel, yet having her want to accept Christ through that! This so proves that when someone comes to Christ, it's totally because of the Spirit's working and not our own!! Anyway. I was so excited about this that I couldn't even sleep that night! :) God is so good.

Tyler had his ear tubes put in yesterday. The proceedure went really fast; he was in the operating room for only 15 mins. Everything went really well. Tyler felt really confused and distraught after waking up from the anesthesia though and he cried for 30 mins straight. He's never cried that long before! I felt so bad for him. The doctor also clipped the little tissue under his tongue because his tongue is too short. Maybe that'll help him with his speech too. We're so thankful everything went well. After we came home, Tyler was soon back to his old self, smiling and playing. Again, God is good. Thank you all for praying!

3 comments:

Mercy's Maid said...

That's great, Jenny!

I'm glad Tyler's surgery is over with. Hopefully you will be a big improvement in how many ear infections he gets.

Dennis and Danielle said...

Yay! for the new sis-in-Christ, and for Tyler's surgery going well. I also get all messed up when trying to share - though I have! The person didn't come to Christ, but I know that he got to hear about it, at least. The rest is up to the Lord :)

Al, Rachel and Hava said...

YAY! So happy on both accounts. Keep us posted on how you and baby are feeling. Is Tyler feeling better now?