Thursday, October 16, 2008

So precious...




Tyler and Kylie are growing up so quickly....and they're both SO precious....Tyler's talking like a little parrot, repeating pretty much everything we say. (And to think that we were actually worried about him not talking some months ago!). He's really a smart little two year old. He LOVES numbers. He can actually count to 100 in Chinese with a little help, and recognizes the numbers as well when he sees them. It's really amazing. Looks like we've ourselves got a little mathematician. He likes to pray too before meals and before bedtime, repeating the words we say. It's just so cute! The one thing he won't do is however is sing! He loves listening to music, but he just won't sing. I hope he's not tone deaf! haha.


Kylie's growing so fast. Next week, she'll be 5 months. She has changed so much during the past 5 months, from being sort of an impatient, loud and a bit feisty baby to a calm, happy, sweet baby! Once the colic and acid reflux went away, she's been completely different, thank God!


We did have a bit of a scare last month when we took her to her new pediatrician for her 4 months checkup. Her heartbeat was very irregular, even when she was lying still. It would go from normal to about 2oo in a matter of seconds. The doctor was concerned about this and told us we needed to go to the hospital for some heart exams because she suspected Kylie might have something called Wolf-Parkinson-White syndrome. Of course, upon hearing this, I was about to start crying right there in the doctor's office. Then she says, "But dont' worry...we dont' know yet." How can I NOT worry??! I called my old pediatrician and she was upset that this new doctor actually started throwing out names before she even know for sure. I hate it when doctors do that...it just freaks you out! (Needless to say, we're gonna find a new pediatrician).


Anyway, on Monday, we took Kylie to the cardiologist to have an EKG and supposedly and ECO (?). Kylie had her EKG and, praise God, her heartrate was completely normal! The cardiologist said everything looked and sounded great so there wasn't even a need for the second test! God is SO good.


I often wonder what it is I've done to deserve God's favor. Obviously, nothing....it's absolutely all by His love and grace and I'll be thankful forever for all He is to me and all He's done for me. I can't thank God enough for my beautiful family.

2 comments:

Al, Rachel and Hava said...

YAY! So glad to see you all and glad Kylie is doing ok! Sounds like you've been dealing with a lot more than just a move and new job. :o)

Dennis and Danielle said...

I think Tyler looks like you, and Kylie, looks like Jason... what do most ppl say?
They are both so cute!
Dani