Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fall












Been busy lately and we've all been taking turns getting sick, but other than that, we're loving fall! The weather's been a bit crazy warm-cold-warm-cold...no wonder everyone's getting sick. We've already celebrated Thanksgiving twice once, and we're ready to celebrate again this week. It'll be our third time having turkey. I think I'm all turkeyed out!
Tyler and Kylie are doing great. Tyler's learning to love on his sister more as you can see from one of the pictures. He kisses his sister every night before he goes to bed, but that was the first time he went to hug his sister on his own initiative. We thought that was super adorable and a very tender moment. He continues to be his happy self, counting his numbers and reciting the ABCs. Although he does repeat pretty much everything we say, he still has a hard time communicating his needs to us. I guess he finds it a lot easier to whine instead of saying, "Mommy, I want ___".
Kylie is growing fast too. She had her 6 months check up today and she's in the 25-50% range in her weight and 75% in height! She also started eating solids and is now on rice cereal and veggies. She loves baby food! Her favorite so far is carrots. Last week, she learned to roll over so she's been doing that everytime we lay her down. She's also a happy, smiley baby, just like her big brother.
Jason's doing well, adjusting to his position as English pastor in a Chinese church. Preaching every week keeps him real busy, but he sure is getting his practice! Needless to say, I'm very proud of him. And, after long days at work, he comes home with a big smile on his face, ready to play with his kids and help at home. I'm so blessed to have him as husband.
I'm doing ok too. It's hard being a stay at home mom!! By the end of the day, I'm pretty exhausted, but I'm happy to spend the day with my kids, seeing them grow. I do get frustrated at times that I'm not able to do more in ministry, but I know I need to come to terms with my present season in life. I'm starting back up slowly, playing the keyboard and being part of the worship team now, and early next year, will be kicking off the women's group. Please pray for me! Most of the women are older than me so leading the women's group will be interesting. I'm blessed to have a great core team made of three mature, committed and dependable women who although are a lot older than me are also very willing to follow my leadership. God is good.
So, that's about all that's been going on lately. We're hoping to take some family pictures soon before Christmas so we can send our Christmas cards and maybe newletter (if I have time to write one!).




No comments: