I made granola for the very first time. In the crockpot. Yes, crockpot. Love that thing! I will never go back to buying boxed granola again. This is not the clumpy kind of granola. If you like it that way, you'll have to add A LOT more honey and oil. I wanted a healthier version so this works, and it tastes super yummy! I'll definitely make more of this, put them in nice jars and give away as gifts.
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup oil or melted butter
(basically, you could dump in whatever combination of dried fruits and nuts)
Mix everything together and cook on high for 4 hours stirring frequently- every 30-40 mins (it will burn if not stirred) with the lid propped on one side with a wooden spoon. Spread over cookie sheet and cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment